Learning through play is fun
At Ducklings we believe that when children are at play they learn at their deepest levels.
This is what we provide
- A safe and stimulating environment
- Carefully selected toys and resources
- Care and attention to each child, because of our ratio of qualified staff to children
- The chance to join with other children and adults to live, play, work and learn together
- Learning and development to build on what your child already knows and can do
- Capturing and documenting children's 'Learning stories'
- Listening to children's play - 'sustained shared thinking'
- Key carers who make sure each child makes satisfying progress
- An environment that sees parents as partners
Ducklings is part of a group of two nurseries, this allows us to provide well researched, highly structured learning programs and focus on continually improving the quality of the learning experience. We implement advanced learning techniques whilst closely watching and monitoring their impact.
Smaller is better
Children under 5 years of age thrive best when they spend most of their time with just two or three primary carers. By providing continuity and stability we can equip children with the learning skills that will establish a standard throughout their lives.
Our aim is to help develop your child's skills and emotions in a safe, caring environment ensuring a happy transition to primary school.
We are registered to take 36 children in each session. At Sutton Coldfield this covers children between 2-5 years, and in Sandiacre from 3 months to 5 years.
In both nurseries our staff are all highly qualified and trained far beyond the minimum standard. We always have a qualified teacher/graduate leader on site and only recruit and retain the most motivated experienced individuals.
Staffing ratios of adults to children exceed the national standards for welfare requirements, to ensure that our children receive more one to one attention and the highest standard of care.
To keep up with the latest practices in early year’s education, our carers are encouraged to regularly attend training and development courses and bring this experience back into the classroom.
Ducklings Sutton Coldfield
Ducklings Nursery Sutton opened in 1994 in a classroom at Moor Hill Primary School. We are now located in a purpose built modern classroom environment situated in the grounds of the school. Built with pre-school children in mind, the areas of the nursery are light and provide the perfect environment for our children to get the most out of their day.